Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Classroom supplies: a big thank-you!

I have been sorting classroom supplies donated by many students and families at New Searles School. For the last month or so of school, I kept getting little visitors stopping by my classroom to drop off supplies. Many times a mom or a child's teacher would remark to me that their child wanted to bring something for the kids in Kenya. I always love it when it you can tell that a students is affected in some way by the stories and videos I showed a class. So a big thanks to the New Searles school family. It is fun going through so many things and knowing that some child or family wanted to help another child on the other side of the world.These photos only show about 1/2 of the donations.




I am very thankful for all donations. It will be wonderful to bring so many supplies for the schools. I did want to mention one donation. One of my students sold a bunch of his old toys and used the money to buy the books that would go along with my poetry project! I am very thankful for Colby's kind heart!



I am also spending time ordering and purchasing supplies to bring from friends and family members who wanted to support the schools in Kenya. I am very grateful for their interest and generosity! It is getting very busy, but it is a fun busy! I have to have everything put together and packed by Sunday. We are leaving next Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment